Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baked Ziti {an adaptation}

Late one night I was paroosing on my iPhone, the husband was at work and I didn't have much else to do! I came across the app for Weight Watchers and downloaded it...not to join (I've tried that...three times) but to see if they had recipe's. And sure enough, they did! Though I can't find it online, maybe because it was an iPhone App recipe?!?

I LOVE pasta and so I was up for trying this recipe out. I had to wait a week or so until I remembered to get all the ingredients from the store but I love how it turned out! I made a salad and some corn for sides. My husband told me he would have loved it even more with some kind of meat in it but we didn't have any unfrozen at the time so that's why it didn't make it in there. This really is my kind of cooking dinner though because it is more like baking :) I'll write the recipe up as I prepared it.




Baked Ziti
Printer Friendly Version
Baked Ziti
Adapted from iPhone App Recipe
Weight Watchers
Printed from:
madebyACE

Ingredients
5 sprays cooking spray (to coat pan)
½ pound uncooked pasta, elbow
8 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
½ C. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 C. marinara sauce, store bought, divided
1 ball shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 TBSP Penzy’s  Brady Street Sprinkle
2 TBSP black olives, sliced

Instructions
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat bottom and sides of 8x8 (approximate) size pan.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on the package; rinse with cool water and drain.
3. While pasta is cooking - in a medium bowl: combine ricotta cheese, red pepper flakes, ¼ C Parmesan cheese and 1 C. Marinara.  Pour slightly cooled pasta into bowl, mix well unless pasta is evenly coated.
4. To assemble ziti: spoon ¼ cup sauce on to bottom of the pan.  Pour Pasta coated with sauce into pan. Top with mozzarella and remaining ¼ C Parmesan. Bake until cheese melts and is browned, about 20 to 30 minutes. Allow ziti to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.

We had enough for dinner and for both of us for lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment