Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bread Twists

I'd seen a recipe for Pizza Twists over at King Arthur's Flour and wanted to try my own version. We already had pizza dough in the freezer from a pizza long, long ago (maybe like 3 months) and I decided it was time to see if it was still good! I defrosted it in some luke warm water hoping that would both defrost it and wake up the yeast a little bit. Once workable I kneaded it for a few minutes to get it going.



Roll out dough into 12 by 12 inch square

Ingredients
2 TBSP Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle
1 tsp dried Parsley
1 TBSP melter butter
4 TBSP Parmesan cheese

Mix ingredients together. Spread over top half of rolled out dough, fold bare half on top of mixture. Cut into 1 inch strips. TWIST. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove and serve with pizza or marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment