Wednesday, November 10, 2010

touch, touch, touch...

Touch Math! I teach my kiddo's touch math. It is easy, it is something they can apply to any number they see, and really...I still use it sometimes so obviously is is applicable to the real world! I saw a set of Touch Math foam numbers for the 'amazingly' low price of $99. I decided I could do better than that. Mine might not be as pretty or expensive, but they will certainly get the job done! All for under 5 dollars!!!

Touch numbers.

I'm very happy with the results.

my newest teaching tool.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen these before, how do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So each one of the dots is worth one. So on the 5 there are 5 dots. On numbers 6 and up you have to count certain dots twice. This has to be explicitly taught but the thought is that once they learn this with the dots - they can do it without the dots. I use this all the time not only in my teaching but if I am adding up a lot of small numbers...it really is nice and a vast majority of the kiddos understand it!

    ReplyDelete