Monday, December 12, 2011

'upcycling' gift tags...

I've read the term upcycling a few times recently, which to me is basically the same thing as recycling, but I'll go with trends...

Last year I kept all my old Christmas cards and forgot why I did, until at this very moment as I type this blog post - which is too late for it's orinigal intent. What I was going to do was hole punch them and bind them together with a circle ring and put the year on the front. Then each year we would have a collection of cards from years past...I got the idea from ThePoeFam blog but I cannot find where the post is that contains pictures.

Well, now that that isn't going to happen...here is what I did. The idea actually came from my Mom :)

I took the cards from last year and cut up the ones that were small enough or cute enough to be 'upcycled' into new gift tags. It so happened that I am out of Christmas gift tags and didn't want to go to the store!

I used about 8 cards total...here's a few of them.


This tag is made from two cards {Thanks to Adrienne Black & The Hubert's}. I took the little mug that was on the inside of a picure card and first just made a plain tag. Then I was looking at the photo card from my friend Jen and loved the plaid print! I trimmed down the card and glued it to the plaid. It made a cute little card to send to my cute little (okay, she's taller but younger) cousin :)


Here is two more. The top Santa tag is from a card from my friend Leena and the bottom tree is from my friend Kalli.

I have about 6 more cards that I've already done and plans to make the rest of my gift tags from cardstock that I already have around the house.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Annie! How are you? This is really lame of me to be contacting you via blogger, but I can't seem to find any contact info for anyone from Lena Whitmore email-wise and apparently the principal and Betsy have since moved on. I am currently looking for a new job and needed to put someone as my supervisor at Lena Whitmore. Would you mind me using your name and contact info? If you're good with that please email me at cnicoletodd(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete