Sunday, December 11, 2011

button wreath {first pinterest inspired craft}

Have you heard of Pinterest?? If not, it might be best for your time management skills if you don't click on that link... If so, you know what I am talking about!

* Note to self. Keep all parts of the project until you are done with the blog post. I cannot remember or find what kinds of buttons or paper I used. I got everything I needed at JoAnn Fabrics in December 2011.

Last week I made my first Pinterest inspired craft...You can see the original inspiration here.


Isn't it cute?!?! The original sewed the buttons on which is a super good idea. I am not that skilled nor do I have that much patients. SO instead of fabric and thread I used paper and hot glue.

Here is the jist of how I pulled this off...


1st - I bought this home decor picture...but really all I wanted with the shiny silver frame!!


2nd - I cut the paper after a few samples from some extra light green paper. I only had one glittery paper and needed to make it perfect!


3rd - 5th - I used a few items from around the house (seasoning and Christmas bowl) to help me make an 'as nearly as you can while using buttons' circle.


6th & 7th - I first placed the buttons in a random order trying to make sure the bigger ones were farther apart. I used mostly white buttons from this black/white button pack as well as 6 strips of buttons, also from JoAnn Fabrics.


I added the red glittery ribbon and had to end up sticky-tacking it on because it wasn't staying. I didn't want it to be permanent so I didn't use hot glue. I know when I pack it away this winter I'm going to have to redo the bow next year!

I would say all-in-all it took me about 45 minutes...hot gluing buttons takes a long time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment