Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies {a first and a success}

Since I've been sick since September {for reals} I have done zero baking. Like, none. I've thought about it and then I generally took a nap and some more medicine. This week the antibiotics are finally working and the zest for baking is BACK. I think the people at my husband's work are excited :)

I was craving peanut butter and chocolate - which is a common thing in my life. That is an amazing combination!! I went to my Martha Stewart Cookies book that I got from my BIL for Christmas last year and had yet to crack open. I was thumbing through hoping to find something that I had all the ingredients for, since I did not want to go to the store. I pretty much love the table of contents in this book because it is pictures!! My eyes fell on the whoopie pie and I was sold!!

I followed the recipe, which can be found here, exactly. When I make them again, because there will be a next time, I will make the filling a bit sweeter!



I was a bit worried since I'd never made them before but it all turned out great. Martha's books really do have some stellar directions in them!! PLEASE ignore the horrible pictures...the lighting in our house is SO yellow...and I'm hoping Santa will bring me this for Christmas to aide in that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment