Sunday, May 15, 2011

new beater & PB cupcakes...

For Easter the Easter Bunny got me these items...

These gifts just about sum me up.

I'd been waiting and wanting to use my new KitchenAid beater. It's one of the ones that is supposed to clean the side of the bowl as it goes. Supposed to is the KEY phrase. As I found on yesterday...it works significantly better on wet ingredients than dry...


look at the floor...


Turns out the rubber paddle FLINGS the dry ingredients around! This was about 5 - 8 seconds worth of flinging. For second 1 - 4 I wasn't quite looking at the bowl {I was reading the next step} and from second 5 - 8 I was just starting at the bowl thinking {insert bleep here}. This is the aftermath. At least it wasn't in liquid stage. This beater worked MUCH better on the frosting of these delicious cupcakes!!


I'd been craving peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes for a while now. I couldn't decide on which I wanted to be frosting and which I wanted to be cake. I decided on this combo and it was yummy! Now, I think it could be yummier yet and I will be tweaking it in the future!!

I used the MS One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes recipe {minus the safflower oil - whatever that is} and then the MS Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting. I used my micro plane to put chocolate shavings on top, the results would have been much more dramatic if I'd had dark chocolate. Also, the safflower oil isn't called for in the MS Cupcakes Book...I'll have to investigate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment