Saturday, November 26, 2011

DB Creamy PB Fudge...

...also known as Denise Batten's Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge.
I have been eating this recipe for 3 years but this is the first time I've made it. I've also wanted this recipe for many years and have been told it was a "family secret" one year and then told I'd be given it the next year (but never was). I did come by it honestly - but not from the person who makes it. I was given it by another friend who saw my post on facebook about wanting to make a good PB Fudge that someone had already tested because lets fact it - there are SO many recipes on the Internet...I wanted to spend my money and time on something I knew was delicious...and this.is.it!!!
This fudge is not the "hard" fudge - hence the creamy word in the title.



DB Creamy PB Fudge
DB Creamy PB Fudge ~ Printer Friendly Edition
6 Cups Sugar
1 12oz can evaporate milk
4 sticks margarine (Imperial)
2 7 oz. jars marshmallow cream
1 28 oz. jar Skippy Peanut Butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
On medium heat put margarine, sugar, and evaporated milk in a 6 quart pan. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking and allow for even mixing. When mixture comes to a full boil, set a timer for 5 minutes, and continuously stir while the mixture continues to boil. When the timer goes off take the pot off the burner. Add vanilla. Stir in marshmallow creme until incorporated. Add in peanut butter and stir until it is completely mixed. Pour into foil lined pans coated with non-stick cooking spray. Let sit overnight, or put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Remove fudge and foil from the pan and cut into squares. For creamy fridge, let it sit on the counter, not in the fridge.

Wondering about the cup in the middle of the collage?? One of Jason's coworkers called it "mood changer fudge". It is creamy, smooth, and amazing...now to get the consistency right!

**This fudge was amazingly delicious but I must have done something a tad wrong. I remember it being pretty creamy when she made it but mine was like melting and slipping through my fingers...which, don't get me wrong, was still amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment