Tuesday, July 5, 2011

stars, stripes, and 4th of July cakepops!!

 I used to make cakes...now I apparently make cakepops {not that I'm complaining}...



My dear friend Kim {seen above} wanted to learn to make cakepops and what a better excuse than the 4th of July!! On a recent trip to the Decorette Shop in Tigard, OR I picked up a wide variety of red, white, and blue sprinkles of all shapes and sizes!!

I also made a "custom cakepop stand" but more on that in a different post...


Here is a variety of the cakepops before we bagged them. It would have been a lot of work to get a picture of every single one...but I think you get the jist :) There were so many cute ones.

We used two melting pots, one all red and one started white and then we use Wilton Sky Blue oil candy color to tint it. I used AmeriColor Edible markers to write the letters U S A on some of the pops. Inside of the pops are two different flavors, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese and White cake with Vanilla frosting, half of which I dyed blue for the occasion :)

I also made a really sweet carrier/displayer!


Here's a sneak peak :)


From the end.

At the party :)

These were SO much fun.

On a side note, the hostess of this party has asked me to make cakepops for another event she is attending...it is my first official cakepop order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment