Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baked Potato Salad

This was such an easy and yummy dish to make!! I had everything in the house and could easily be made a head for an event or day of! This was totally inspired by PWM's most recent Tasty Kitchen Blog Roll!





Baked Potato Salad
Served 4

8 potatoes. I used 4 small white and 4 small Russet. It was what I had on hand.
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C mayo
3 diced green onions
1/4 cup shredded cheese
2 well cooked bacon pieces

Bake potatoes at 450 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife can be cleanly inserted. This can be done the night before, that is how I did it. If you bake them on the same day, cool before adding to mixture.

Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl.

Once the potatoes are cooled peel them and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Pour mixture of other ingredients over potatoes and fold (or mix gently) together. I mixed in some of the bacon and left some for the topping.

The great thing about a dish like this is you can make it whatever and however you want!! I foresee us having lots of similar dishes this summer. This is something I can make during the day and then have ready when Jason gets home from work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment