Monday, March 29, 2010

(first) reusable bag...

Another project down. I really am starting to get the hang of this sewing thing...at least the basics! I had some fabric left over from the first project (curtains) I really did all by myself. So instead of throwing it away I put it to good use! My Mom helped with the ideas and a quick tutorial but i did all the work myself.


sewing the corners. this helps the bag "sit flat"


here goes nothing...this was the hardest part of the bag and once i understood the concept...it was SO easy!


Voila!!! A handmade reusable bag.


Very spacious...it will fit lots of groceries.


reinforced the handles a bit...and thought of this idea all on my own. this was my first time sewing continuously...meaning at every corner i would switch the line i was sewing. this involves keeping the needle in the fabric while picking up the foot and roatating the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment